Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Southern Iowa Electric Co-op Christmas Expo

I was invited to have a booth at the Southern Iowa Electric Co-op Christmas Expo in Bloomfield,  Iowa.  I thought it would be a great way to advertise for my store and my upcoming Barn Sale.  In the past I have not made many sales at smaller venues like this so other than advertising my sights were set low. I already had my trailer full from a weekend show, so I just used the same stuff. (Not the best idea...lots of big pieces)
The building was setup nicely.  I had time to go around and see the other booths. There was a lot of variety. ..then the food truck rolled in!  Ugh, I can't remember their name but they are out of Pulaski.  Bbq, potatoes and noodles, cobbler...the smell was amazing.  I knew there was going to be a nice crowd! I even made a few sales before the doors opened.
Remember, the plan was advertising, so I tried to talk to everyone, but without being too aggressive!  I had a few sales,  but I had a lot of people say they would stop at the store or even come to my barn sale! 
At the end of the show some nice young men ;) helped me load the trailer and the ladies who helped me ended up making some purchases too! Thanks ladies!
It was a great event. I plan on going next year and you should too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to browse my site and leave a comment. Have a great day.