Thursday, June 20, 2013

Neglecting and Facebook

Wow!  It has been awhile since I posted.  Often times when I don't post for awhile I haven't completely neglected the blogging world - I read my favorite blogs, just don't write my own posts.  This time though, I haven't even been following my favorite blogs.  Why?  I could say time, but really I'd say it is because of FACEBOOK.  I recently discovered Facebook.  I've had an account and I've scoped out my friends, but I've discovered Facebook as a business.

I set up a Facebook account (www.facebook.com/junkparlor) and go in spurts of being slightly psycho about my numbers.  How many "likes" can I get?  What can I do to get more "likes?"  When I post, how many comment?  How many share?  How many "talk" about me.  It really is funny because WHY DOES IT MATTER!  Most of these people are not going to drive to Centerville Iowa and buy something anyway.  And while other big boys can sell things via Facebook, I cannot.  At least not yet.  I will figure out how to make that happen eventually.  I am determined and competitive by nature.  I will win, I mean be successful.  Right now someone asks how much something is and that is it.

I know that I am not the only one who has an emotional roller coaster with Facebook.  At Junk Jubilee, my neighboring vendor and I talked about it frequently, particularly a lady who sells in her neck of the woods in the Chicago area who always has tons of comments, likes, and requests for price and purchase via Facebook.  It drives Jocelyn crazy because she has the same items, does the same things, and gets no comments or likes.  I see other business owners comment about it too.  I think a lot of it boils down to hitches in Facebook.  People don't see all of your posts because they haven't checked a certain box that they didn't even know existed.  And some people have more time to sit on Facebook at network.  I try to only when I am eating.  ;)  I'm a clean eater (aka eat every 3 hours) so I'm always eating!

Maybe I should spend more time blogging and less time Facebooking?  Or even better, I should spend more time working on my projects and less time at the computer.  Or even better, I should spend less time doing all of this and more time with my kiddos.

1 comment:

  1. There are many who love to use social media like buying facebook likes to garner information and share their experiences with others. This has made ‘social shopping’ a common phenomenon a part of the agile marketing.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to browse my site and leave a comment. Have a great day.