Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Junk Jubilee this weekend!!



 
As I get ready for my first show as a vendor I find myself super nervous/anxious!  I just want it to be here already so I can get some experience and know what to do better or differently for next time!  I am taking more junky stuff than I take to The Columns to sell.  I just don't see being able to take a bunch of painted, pretty junk to Junk Jubilee, for many reasons:  no workshop(in progress), no enclosed trailer(using dads stock trailer), no time(already have a full time job and 3 kids).  And I do not want to remove all of my stuff from The Columns and leave it empty!

A new facebook friend, Traci from the Shabby nest, recommended the square over a paypal card reader.  I had never even heard of square...but now I have one and we will see if I can figure out how to use it!  Traci has helped answer a lot of questions, like right now I need to ask her how much cash I should bring for this weekend!  You should go visit her blog and "like" her on facebook!

Here are a couple new pieces I have added to The Columns:


 
 
 
 
Other exciting news...I now have a booth at Brass Armadillo in Des Moines.  I took a van full up on Sunday so that it wouldn't be sitting empty, but the plan is to take some stuff up for Brass when I go to Junk Jubilee and then what I don't sell at Junk Jubilee I can just ship over to Brass!  This is what it looked like when I left on Sunday.  The display on the top shelf, is just display and not on sale.  Is that a good idea???  In a couple weeks I will make sure the booth is AWESOME and more my style.  ;)







1 comment:

  1. You will do great! It all is a learning experience. i don"t feel as ready this time. i feel I rushed a few things and not loving it. But I guess we are our hardest critics. I'm excited to see everyone and see what great ideas they have that is the most fun to me!Thanks for writing about me! It was my pleasure to lend advice. Se you tomorrow!Ready or not! Traci
    P.S. I have severly neglected my blog! Need to get on it after JJ!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to browse my site and leave a comment. Have a great day.