Friday, August 31, 2012

Mirror turned Chalk Board



My little sister is due with her first baby here in a few weeks.  She started following Pinterest long before me and found an idea to paint chalk board paint over a mirror.  She got a cheap mirror and put painters tape around the border and then used chalk board paint in the middle.  Then, each month or so she would write on her chalk board about the baby.




I thought this was a great idea.  So, when I was trying to figure out what to put in my new coffee bar area, I decided to make one for myself.  I initially tried making my own chalkboard paint using plaster of paris, but decided that it didn't erase as well as I would like.  So I borrowed my sisters paint and did another coat on top of what I already had.  I also took some old windows that we had removed from our house and tried the technique on them.


This project was super easy.  Next time I will make sure to take the tape off very carefully as it did rip a little in one corner.


See my coffee bar post here.

Linked to:
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to browse my site and leave a comment. Have a great day.