Sunday, April 22, 2012

Zucchini Chips


I was missing around on Pinterest last night, which I can honestly say I have been trying to stay away from.  Why?  Because I feel like I get trapped on the computer sometimes and get so interested in blogs, Pins, or facebook that I don't LIVE LIFE!  Technology is awesome but a curse, at least in my opinion.  Well I'm in strict diet mode in preparation for Bodybuilding and Figure Competitions, so food is always on my mind.  I came across a Pin of Zucchini Chips.  This lady had baked hers (45 min), but I have the handy dandy chip maker from Pampered Chef.  If you don't have one, it is a must!  I also have their Simple Slicer.  I should just sell Pampered Chef because besides the "pretty" stuff, I have all of the functional stuff.  So, I got some zucchini and sliced them at number 1. 



I put them on the tray and microwaved for probably 4 or 5 minutes.  Yum, melt in your mouth, tasty without even seasoning!  But, they were paper thin.  Next zucchini I set the blade at 3. 


I could tell immediately that it was going to be too thick, but too late I had already sliced them.  I microwaved these for 8 or 9 minutes and they still weren't crispy, but I ate them anyway.  Third time is a charm, right!?  I set the blade at 2, baked, and perfect.  I did massively waste energy using the microwave and after doing that many trays it took awhile.  So, maybe if I was mass cooking these I would be better off baking them.  But, just for 1 I would totally do it in the microwave.  I played around with seasonings - paprika, chili powder, cavendars, and cinnamon.  I actually liked them plain or with the cinnamon.  Can't wait to get some more and do it again!


Linked to:

  it's OVerflowing

4 comments:

  1. curious, i also have the chip maker and was wondering if you have every made banana chips? i have tried and failed a couple of times..

    i will be trying the zucchini chips this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley,
      I'm pretty sure the direction sheet says you cannot do anything but potatoes and apples. So, I'm guessing it has something to do with that factor. I would try doing them in the oven, low and slow. It takes forever to do the zucchini chips in the oven so I would think banana would be the same. If you master it, that would be delicious! Good luck.

      Delete
  2. How long did you microwave them when you sliced them using the 2 blade?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are the ones in the final picture (on the paper plate) from the #1 setting, or the #2 setting? TIA

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to browse my site and leave a comment. Have a great day.