Monday, April 9, 2012

What I Eat #3

Since January I have been dieting for my first Pro Figure show in July.  Each month I write down what I ate for the previous month.  I've only talked about food.  The biggest reason is your diet is the most important thing with weight loss!  No amount of working out is going to give you big muscles, or fat loss if you don't change your diet!  So, remember that!  When you eat half a pizza (I'm sure no one ever does that!) you cannot undo the damage by working out 2 hours that day or the next!

So, pretty much my day of food stayed the same again for March, but I have gone to slightly smaller portions.  I eat every two to three hours and always a carb and protein, at least early in the day.  It is important to gradually make changes because your body will always adapt to what you are eating.  Lets say back in January I was eating 2,000 calories.  Because I wanted to loose weight I figured 1,200 calories would help me do that, so I dropped 800 calories from my diet.  Would I loose weight?  Yes, but eventually my body would get used to those 1,200 calories.  Your body needs 1,200 just to function - breath, push blood, digest food, etc.  So, if I dropped my calories again after plateauing my body would be on starvation mode and I would not loose weight, I could possibly gain it because my body is hording those calories, scared it will never get food again.  If my body is working optimally then it gets calories in and uses them up right away because it's not scared of never getting food again.  That is the difference between having a "good" metabolism and a "poor" metabolism.  You  have to retrain your body.  So, how do I keep loosing weight?  I slowly drop my calories, 100 or 200 a day until I am no longer seeing results.  Then, I do it again.  At some point you do have to add in a way to burn more calories because you do not want your metabolism to slow because it thinks it is in starvation mode.  My first three months of dieting, I did not do cardio.  I lifted weights 5 days a week for about 45 minutes.  That was not new to my body either, I do that year round.  I lost 15 to 20 pounds, just from changing my diet.

This is Monday - Friday diet and has been each post.  The weekends I normally eat actual food instead of a shake unless it's pre/post workout.  Cycling your diet is another way to keep your metabolism on fire.  Have high/low calorie days or high/low carbohydrate days.

Breakfast - 1/2 cup oatmeal or 1/4 cup cream of wheat with 4 egg whites/1 whole egg
*sometimes I add blueberries



Morning Snack - 1 scoop of protein powder


Lunch - 1/2 cup of carb - brown rice, couscous, or whole wheat pasta with 4 oz. chicken, beef, roast, or pork loin and 1/2 can green beans, 1 cup broccoli, or portion of carrots or red peppers


Pre-Workout/Afternoon Snack - 1 scoop of protein powder



Post Workout - 1 scoop of protein powder with 1/2 cup oatmeal (it really is AWESOME, but sounds weird)



Dinner - 4 egg whites/ 1 whole and salsa or some other vegetable


Here is my third butt shot.  Not sure if you can tell a difference in the pictures, but you can in person!

1 comment:

  1. Love your Junk! Also love your fitness lifestyle! Good Luck in your IFPA Pro endeavors!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to browse my site and leave a comment. Have a great day.