Thursday, March 15, 2012

What I Eat #2

Ok, so I started dieting in January for my first pro figure competition in July.  I posted what I ate here.  That was basically what I was eating for the month of January, but I did sneak in some Ezekiel bread and peanut butter.  Oops!  February came and it was time to make more changes.  So here's what I did for month 2.  Remember, it is all about tapering.  You can't just cut out 500 calories one month and expect to loose 30 pounds.  You have to do it little, by little, aka the hard way that no one wants to do!  So, compared to January I cut out all PB and Ezekiel bread and carbs at night.

I wake up and had 6 egg whites and 1 whole egg with a half cup oatmeal or cream of wheat.  I like to add cinnamon, cocoa, wheat germ, and flaxseed to my oatmeal or cream of wheat.


We cook our eggs in the skillet with a little canola cooking spray.  I like a runny yolk, so this is how I do it.  Husband likes to scramble his.

Morning snack is a protein shake.  I like chocolate and strawberry the best.


This is the current stash in the bottom of the pantry.

For lunch I eat 6 oz. protein (chicken, hamburger, roast or pork typically), 1 cup carb (brown rice, couscous, or whole grain pasta), and vegetables (carrots, broccoli, green beans).


Here is some rice.  We cook everything in bulk over the weekend and put it in containers in the frig and freezer to pull out for the week.  (We make our own fast food!)

Afternoon snack/pre workout is another protein shake.  I need to eat the shakes just because it is hard to eat and teach a class at the same time.  So, I can drink a quick shake between classes to keep my metabolism up.


Post workout is a shake with a 1/2 cup of oatmeal.  I drink this immediately after my workout and then get home so that I can eat "real" food within an hour of my workout.  I prefer eggs for my evening meal because they are filling, I don't get sick of them, and they are fresh and quick.



The cats and dogs get to eat a lot of yolks, but it is cheaper to separate them all myself rather than buying cartoned egg whites.  I might have a veggie at night, normally a red pepper, or I might not.  As I cut out more starchy carbs I eat more vegetables to keep myself full.  Here is what I looked like after two months of dieting.  Butt shot, so we can compare to first month.  I never pick a time when I look decent to do these pictures!


Slow and steady.  Consistency is key.  Jeans are still tight, but getting looser....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to browse my site and leave a comment. Have a great day.