Friday, March 9, 2012

Shaggy Lamp



As I was browsing blogland I came across someone who took fabric, not sure if it was burlap or what, but then tore it in strips and glued it to a lamp shade.  I found the perfect cream lamp at the thrift store with an old, worn out shade and thought it would be a perfect test run.  I asked mom for some muslin scraps and went to work hot glueing each strip down.  Now when I saw it on this site, sorry I can't remember the site, she had created curve to the fabric so that each piece was not straight, but very curvy.  While I did not make mine straight, I could not achieve the curvy awesomeness that I saw on my inspiration site.  I still love how it looks, but I liked hers better.  I do wish I would have put the fabric closer together because you can see the glue and original shade if you look.  My inspiration said that if she had it to do all over again she would have wrapped the shade in her fabric and then done the strips.  I'm not sure that would have changed my problem.  I am looking for more lamps at the thrift store to test this on.  I love how it looks lit or just by itself.




Linking up to:


{Primp}

good one

2 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower. I love how the look of the lamp really matches the room. It has the same texture and feel. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to browse my site and leave a comment. Have a great day.