Thursday, February 16, 2012

What do I eat?

Everyone always asks me what I eat.  Right now I am approximately 5 months out from my Pro Figure debut.  I will be competing in St. Louis on July 7.  I started this cut diet a month ago.  I had gained more weight than I wanted to, plus I know that my body likes to hold onto weight, so the longer I give myself, the better the end result. 

Here is what I'd have in a typical day:

Breakfast is normally eggs & oatmeal or eggs & Cream of Wheat


6 egg whites/ 1 whole egg , 1/2 c. oatmeal OR 6 egg whites/ 1 whole egg, 1/4 c. Cream of Wheat

Morning Snack is often a protein shake

(this is a collection of some of our shaker bottles)

1/2 scoop Casein Protein Powder & 1/2 scoop Whey Protein Powder

Lunch is 6 oz. of meat, a serving or two of carbs, & vegetables

(we cook in bulk, here is me weighing some chicken - we use lots of containers)

(here is a pot of rice, always cook in bulk)

ex. 6 oz. grilled chicken, 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup steamed broccoli

Afternoon Snack is a protein shake

(some of my protein powder)

1/2 scoop Casein Protein Powder & 1/2 scoop Whey Protein Powder with creatine & glutamine

Pre-workout I take NO Explode

Post-workout I have another protein shake

(some supplements I use)
1/2 scoop Casein Protein Powder & 1/2 scoop Whey Protein Powder with creatine & glutamine

Dinner is normally a repeat of breakfast, but I will soon drop the oatmeal and eat a vegetable instead


6 egg whites/ 1 whole egg , 1/2 c. oatmeal OR 6 egg whites/ 1 whole egg, 1/4 c. Cream of Wheat

Boring I know, but I can't eat while I'm teaching, so I have to drink more shakes than I'd like.  My husband also follows this diet, so we have lots of meals to make weekly.  It basically boils down to time.  We cook 1/2 the day on Sunday to make enough food to last us the week.  We try to spruce it up a little bit by make different things each week.  Different meats, or veggies, we eat lots of salsa and season pretty much everything with no salt Cavendars.  Thank you to another Brooke I met on bodyspace at www.bodybuilding.com for that suggestion.  But, that's what I ate for the first month of my cut.  Here is a picture of me in the tightest jeans I could find that I could zip up.  The only reason they fit is because they are super stretchy, but they are too tight to wear in public.  I'll post another picture next month and we will see what changes I've made.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to browse my site and leave a comment. Have a great day.