Sunday, February 5, 2012

My Music Sheet Dresser


From all the blogs I've been reading the past few months, something about MissMustardSeed's blog kept me coming back for more.  She is very inspiring and has taught me a lot - how to blog, take pictures, how she picks things to buy/sell, how she works with paint and wax and music sheets....  I can't put my finger on it, but I like her and her style.  The first "copycat" project I undertook after I had all this inspiration was a music sheet dresser.  I got the dresser at a local Thrift Store.  I say local loosely because it was an hour and 45 minutes away.  What can I say...it is the closest big city!  I then got some old, at least older looking, music sheets from my mom.  Bought some Mod Podge and went to work.  I've never worked with Mod Podge before - I know, where have I been!  But, I read up on it a million times on the web - I get nervous about messing up.  I read the back of the container and went at it.  Basically the best way to learn how to do something is to do it!  I've used up a whole container of Mod Podge since and I'd like to say each time I get better and better, but...  I'm still working on a technique that works for me.  It looks good, but sometimes feels bumpy. 

No before photos because I never imagined I would actually need them.  I loved how it turned out.  The dresser was very yellow, so I watered down some black and basically dry brushed it on the side, legs, and between the drawers in the front.  I put it in the basement of The Columns, were I am a vendor, but it has never sold.  I think it needs some tear drop pulls or something that will dangle, even though functionally it doesn't need them.

Here is the finished dresser for sale at The Columns. 
Taken by my hand dandy cell phone.
Aren't those walls gorgeous!

Linked up to:
Furniture Feature Fridays



5 comments:

  1. I LOVE your dresser! Your story about your baby broke my heart. I'm going to share it with a sweet friend of mine that faced similar circumstances two years ago! You're a blessing!!! Happy to be your newest follower! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your friend and I get to be in a club, one that no one wants to be in! Your friend can always email me if she wants.

      Delete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to browse my site and leave a comment. Have a great day.